The Monday Music Quiz on twitter takes places each Monday evening at 8.30pm (GMT). It consists of 15 music questions tweeted out in about five minute intervals (with a five minute break after question 8) and those playing should answer as quickly as possible to be placed in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th place for each correct answer. The quiz generally lasts for between 60 and 90 minutes.
Points are gained by being in the top five quickest in with the correct answer:
1st in gets 5 points
2nd in gets 4 points
3rd in gets 3 points
4th in gets 2 points
5th in gets 1 point
The point systems means that even if you are a little late joining in, you can still catch up.
The questions cover all genre of popular music (pop, rock, country, etc.) and all eras of music.
Everyone is welcome to enter and here is how to play:
1. VERY IMPORTANT: use the hash tag (#) #MondayMusicQuiz when answering otherwise we will not see your answer in our timeline and therefore your answer will not count. There is absolutely no need to use the @ (ie @MondayMusicQuiz).
2. If using tweetdeck open a new column entitled #MondayMusicQuiz
3. Answer as quickly as possible to try to get placed in first 5 to gain points on each question. You can google for answers but be warned, that takes time and you may miss getting into first five.
4. Every week there is a THEME. The first player who correctly identifies the theme gains a valuable FIVE points. No comment will be made during the quiz on whether anyone has correctly identified the theme.
5. At the end of the quiz we will announce who was first in with the correct theme and then we will tweet out who came fifth, fourth, third, second, and the winner.
6. At the start of each new month and during MondayMusicQuiz we tweet who the top 2 scorers were in the previous month.
Finally, the quizmistress is ALWAYS right!